Design Content and Requirements
1. Theme: The landscape or still image is dominated theme (recommended SLR camera). In the meantime, high level of designs are encouraged.
2. About the requirements of the contents, format and son on, please refer to 《Design Specification of Ubuntu/Ubuntu kylin Wallpaper》(click here to download).
Size and format：
1. The size of all the entries should be 2560x1600 pixels. Their resolution should be 72dpi and format JPG and PNG.
【as shown below】
2. For presentation purpose in contest zone, the contestants should provide a preview work of PFG format which has a same ratio with the entries and its size should not exceed 1 MB.
Notably，the theme has following limitations because Ubuntu Kylin caters to users all around the world.
1．The design should be original but not commercial. Avoid using materials which may produce copyright disputes.
2．Except Ubuntu Kylin, any other brand or trademark should not exist in the work.
3．No any content or implications which may contain violence, weapon, harm, terror, war, hatred, slander or damage others people’s reputation.
5．No any information or pictures about liquor, tobacco and drugs.
6．No any information propagating racial discrimination and hatred or discriminations about gender, religion, nation, disability, sexual orientation and age.
7．No pictures about religion, politics or nationalist sentiment.
8．Please do not include version number because users may want to continue using the wallpapers in other versions.
Sense and Style
1．Pictures should be fine and clear as much as possible.
2．No matter the theme or originality, the fundamental key of the work should be relaxing, bright and cheerful.
3．Avoid using a large area of highlighted bright colors. The colors do not be too messy.
4．On the foundation of the virtuality and reality combination，avoid messy pictures produced by multiple focuses.
5．The main design and focus can swing right slightly to avoid influencing icons on the left.
The design should fit the style of Unity panel (dock).
Selection and Rewards
1) According to Design Specification of Ubuntu/Ubuntukylin, winners will be selected through combining Internet voting, aesthetic of the works, picture quality, storytelling and whether the style is consist with UK Desktop or not.
2） Every contestant at most uploads 5 pieces of work, each work is regarded as a unit to be selected.
3） The top twenty entries will be Ubuntu Kylin 14.10 Desktop Wallpapers and released all over the world.
4） The first prize winner will obtain a Red mi mobile and certificate. The top ten winners will receive Ubuntu Kylin souvenirs and certificates.
OSS License and Intellectual Property
1. Once submitted the works, contestants will be deemed to have agreed. CC-BY-SA3.0 Protocol.
2. The entries must be original. Any intellectual property or copyright dissension occurs, organizing committee will cancel the entry qualification and the participants take the legal consequences.
3. The intellectual property of all the entries is possessed by original authors. The top twenty entries will be Ubuntu Kylin 14.10 Desktop Wallpapers.
4. Ubuntu Kylin has the exclusive use on winning works in this contest and possesses the rights and interests to redesign, produce, present and publish relevant works and so on. Any copyright dissension in commercial use occurs, the participants will take the legal consequences.
5. Ubuntu Kylin official website possesses the rights to present, report, advertise all the entries.
1. The participant should provide correct and effective contact information. If the participant does not respond to the prize notice within limited time, the winner may lose qualification and be replaced by other winners.
2. Before submitting the work, please make sure that you have read and are willing to comply with the relevant rules of the contest. Any infringement of the rules of the contest, organizing committee is entitled to cancel the entry qualification.
3. Once submitted the works, contestants will be deemed to have agreed all the relevant rules.
4. UK community committee reserves the right of ultimate interpretation of this contest.