Sogou Pinyin for Linux V1.1 Released and Improved overall Performance and Stability
Since the release of V1.0 in April 2014, Sogou Pinyin for Linux has gained the attention and support from hundreds of thousands of Chinese Linux users and feeds back many application bugs and advice. Under the joint efforts of Ubuntu Kylin development team and Sogou company, UK has released version 1.1 on 19 August, 2014, adding the status bar, keypad, upgrading the dictionary database and optimizing the performance and stability. We are also pleased to announce that based on version 1.1, the development team is developing RPM test version which is suitable for Redhat / Fedora / SuSE and other Linux distributions. It is expected to be released recently!
Version 1.1 Update Catalog is as follows:
- Add the status bar
- Update the dictionary database
- Better performance: memory usage has lowered 40% around
- Perfect the function of keypad
- Perfect the function of fullwidth
- Shortcut to forbidden converting between Simplified and Traditional Chinese
- Better support to skins
- Fix the bug: there is a black frame around the Sogou Pinyin box of most users.
- Remove Intellisense
- Better stability
Welcome users to download or update Sogou Pinyin for Linux. UK users can update through “system software&update” or Ubuntu Kylin Software Center. Sogou website or Ubuntu kylin website is also OK. Download link: