Open source exploration - Ubuntu Kylin community releases RISC-V experience version
On December 30,2021 CST,With the joint efforts of the Ubuntu Kylin community and the Haihe Laboratory Of Information Technology Application Innovation, the first Ubuntu Kylin 20.04 Pro version supporting RISC-V architecture has finally been released!
RISC-V, as the first architecture that can be used completely free of charge, allows the addition of its own instruction set expansion to achieve differentiated development, and it has become more and more popular in recent years.This is also our original intention to develop the Ubuntu Kylin 20.04 Pro RISC-V version, to provide enterprises and developers with an unrestricted use environment.
Of course, although RISC-V has such obvious architectural advantages, its shortcomings are also obvious, that is, the application ecosystem is not complete.The release of the Ubuntu Kylin RISC-V version comes with 20+ self-developed software, which enriches the RISC-V application ecosystem to a certain extent and provides certain convenience for developers and enterprises using RISC-V, and in the future, we will continue to work on the construction of the RISC-V ecosystem, bringing more possibilities to it.
The following is a detailed introduction video about the RISC-V version:
● Brand new kernel:Linux Kernel 5.11 version
● Stable tool chain:glibc 2.31，OpenJDK 11， rustc 1.41，GCC 9.3，Python 3.8，ruby 2.7.0，perl 5.30，golang 1.13，Qt 5.12
● Beautiful desktop environment:UKUI 3.0
● Rich desktop applications:Browser epihany-brower 3.36.4;Office suite calligra 3.1.0 And Kylin series applications
● After the password is changed on the control panel, the authorization window password is still the original password
● When there is only one user, the user type is displayed as a standard user
● Unable to restart, shut down, hibernate, sleep
● Occasionally, the keyboard and mouse malfunction during use (it is recommended to plug the keyboard into the lower interface of USB CONN 1. If the problem occurs, the keyboard/mouse needs to be re-plugged)
● Use win + arrow keys to adjust the position of the text editor and then close and reopen it, the editor size changes
The Ubuntu Kylin 20.04 Pro RISC-V version has been launched on the official website https://www.ubuntukylin.com/downloads/download-en.html, enthusiasts are welcome to download and experience!
For more problem feedback and optimization suggestions, please enter the Ubuntu Kylin community forum and let us know~